Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tomorrow is G DAY!

Hello all. Yesterday was extremely long but I got to spend it with my boyfriend so it's all good. I went walking around Duke a bit and sat outside for quite a while. My best friend Jon came and visited with Whitney...who gave me an awesome lucky turtle charm! Just so you all know, I love turtles. I have a million stuffed animals and such. I watched Jacob's Ladder last night with the bf. Ok, seriously....this movie frustrated the crap out of me. Gah. Tomorrow is a big day for me. Feeding tube placement. I'm having a lot of second thoughts and just wish it were possible for me to gain the weight without the tube. I'm not too thrilled about running around with a tube hanging out of my side. I know I'll get over it, but it's still an adjustment. My good friend Maryann is supposed to be visiting today. She had a double lung transplant at Duke as well. It's really nice to have someone that knows a lot of what I'm going through. All my testing for transplant has been done except for a few that have to be done out patient, so it's really just a waiting game now. As soon as I can tolerate tube feeds I can go home. The docs are thinking maybe Sunday. I'll go home with 3 days of IV meds left. Whew. I will have been here 3 weeks on Sunday. So ready to leave but very thankful I'm as well as I am. I'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment