Thursday, December 16, 2010

Update from clinic and SNOW DAY!

So my very first clinic visit went a little off course. Turned out, I had a huge pneumothorax (sp) and didn't even get to see my doc. I had all the tests(xrays, blood, pfts) and was in the cafeteria waiting for my appt time when the coordinator called. She informed us we needed to get to the main hospital because I had a big air pocket which caused my lung to partially collapse. Bear in mind, I only had minor pain in my left lung. I figured it was just related to the surgery. It required a small chest tube which wasn't too painful when they put it in, however, extremely painful once it was there and the meds wore off. So I was in the hospital for a couple days and on my favorite floor (7800). Felt like home, lol! I had my 2nd clinic visit yesterday and it went extremely well. I've picked up so much weight already. Almost 5 pounds and without using nocturnal feeds. Dr. Zaas said in a few weeks if my weight is still steadily going up, I can get the tubes removed! Oh that's so exciting. These tubes can be painful. While I was there, they took out my 53 staples (imagine if I was normal human size how many that would be!) and my sutures. So that felt better. He also took my off my iv antibiotic (yay!), a pill, and a neb. Still have the picc line until after my bronch though which happens to be my 26th bday. I'll take it. Better than being on o2 and not being able to breathe. I'm def expecting it to come back showing acute rejection because that's normal. Very treatable. I'll be sure to update as soon as I know anything. It will be a while from Dec 23rd though. I most certainly miss driving and my music and my friends. So many of whom have been supportive and there for me though. I love you all. All the prayers and such have truly done so much for me and the Lord has shown how amazing He truly is. I can't wait to finish up my Christmas shopping. Ya'll gon' have a lovely Christmas! Been getting visits from Amy, Traci, Danielle, Kathryn (soon), Katy and Mira and Sat. Busy busy! The first time I saw my little bunny (my daughter) I cried. She ran to me and just laid her head on my lap. She spent the night and I was in Heaven. She's my Heaven I swear. So people have been asking what I want for Christmas to which I answer sort of like this "what more could I ask for?". My 2 bests, Traci and Danielle, have decided getting inked and pierced is a great gift and I must agree. So we may make a day of it. Get the date of my transplant tatted on my neck then get my nose pierced. Pain? So what! Last night it snowed and now it's raining which is actually freezing rain so rehab is off for the day. Later on I'm pretty sure we'll venture out for some shopping and wrap some Christmas gifts. I'm excited! That's all for now. Love to all.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I can hardly wait to give you your Christmas/Birthday presents!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're doing good!! Prayers coming your way.....

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too cousin and thanks Beth <3

    ReplyDelete