Monday, December 27, 2010

Surprise! and other news


I made it through my very first bronch...piece of cake like everyone said. My mom recorded me afterward just so I could see how messed up I was. I remember being extremely nervous and shaky. They took me back to the room, took my vital signs, and the last thing I remember is the nurse telling me she was going to give me some meds to help me relax. I looked down at my picc and saw "Versed" on the label. I thought to myself "Oh, that should work" and it definitely did. Can't recall a thing and was most certainly relaxed. It took a while for the sleepiness to wear off. After the bronch, I went to lunch with my dad, brother, and stepmom at Olive Garden. It was yummmmyyyy!! Even though my terrible nausea had started right after they pulled my g tube two days before, I still was able to enjoy a little of the meal. Not long after I became pretty miserable. The nausea seemed to only hit right after I consumed things. I kept eating though because Lord knows I need to gain and keep the weight. Then the nausea became constant. So through Christmas I was sick. The entire time. To make matters worse, Mira was with me and had some sort of 24 hour virus. So Christmas Eve, SHE was throwing up constantly. My poor mom was up and down with her all day. I managed to get a little shopping in with a friend. We battled the crowds and finished up last minute stuff. All the gifts I got were amazing. I bought a netbook with the money my dad gave me for my bday and Christmas. I got NC State stuff from the F and also Eclipse (YAY!!), a purse, State jacket, and pots and pans from mom, giftcards from lots of people....the list goes on. Although it's not about the gifts. Being able to be home with family and friends was the best gift of all and celebrating my bday with new lungs was incredible. I blew out all the candles in one breath! Just amazing. My bday was supposed to be pretty low key since I'd had a bronch and we didn't know what I'd feel like later. My mom decided to meet us out at my favorite restaurant. I waited for Ron and Kathryn to get home so we could ride out there. I walk in and BAM!! "SURPRISE!!" Everyone is standing in the back room ready to celebrate with me. Apparently, my cousin was the mastermind and she was incredible. I mean, she knew I wanted to have everyone with me. Thanks to her, I did. Best cousin ever. I had no clue. Seriously. I even had someone there from rehab! Alex and her mom were able to make it out. So thankful to have met them. They are awesome. I just can't believe everyone kept the secret, lol. After all the bday festivities and Christmas with all the fam, my mom decided since I was so very miserable we should go to the ER. Since throwing up is super bad with my lungs due to the risk of aspiration, we wanted to get it under control. So I was admitted. On Christmas. It could have been worse. I could have been on o2. I've been thinking a lot lately about my donor. I've started to think of this person as someone who shares my body. It's not just me anymore. Like Stephanie Meyer's Host. This person is with me and experiencing everything through me. He/she will never die but live on through me living. Helps me deal. What a marvelous gift I've been given. There's no way I can ever give back but I can live. That's all I can do. And I will. Donor, I will live for you and for me. For now, I'm still in house. I should be leaving tomorrow if all is well in the tummy department. Fingers crossed and prayers sent! Love to all. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment