Monday, September 20, 2010

Almost!

I'm on my last station at rehab. The darn NuStep. I hate this machine. So monotonous. 6 minutes! I met someone named Melanie with cf who's closer in age than most other people here. Most people here have pulmonary fibrosis or emphysema (sp?) or something like that. A lot of seniors. Several youngins. Melanie's a sweetheart. Then there's Jessica...really quiet and keeps to herself. I've just recently learned her name. Good news. One of the women here was listed for transplant on Friday! Wonder when she'll get the "call"? I'm super shocked I stayed. Every fiber of my being wanted to walk right out the door about every 3.8 seconds. I didn't though. If I leave, how badly do I really want transplant? Not badly enough. I can't give up. I have a daughter to raise. I have friends to support and family to love. 2 minutes. There's a guy here fresh outta transplant and he looks awesome. Moves pretty slow, but he can breathe, lol. I can't wait for that to be me. No more tubes coming out of random parts of my body. I can wear whatev and feel awesome. No weird bulges under my shirt. When I tape up my feeding tube, it looks like I have a smiley face under my shirt, haha. That's nice and all...but the only smile I want to show off is the one on my face ;) DONE. Dueces ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment