Friday, August 6, 2010

EXHAUSTED

Wow. Yesterday was indeed a long day. Got to Duke around 9:30 am and left about 6 pm. I am NEVER agreeing to that many appts in one day again! The 10:15 am bone density scan went fine, although I don't know the results yet. After that, it was the "What to Expect With Transplant" class with my mom at 11:30 am. Very informative and I'm super happy they have these classes for us. It was an extremely tiny room and all of us in there were pre-transplant. Most of them had their lovely o2 in haul and you could hear the whistling from the air and them breathing in and out. Then came the coughs. All of us are so used to it we all just sat and acted as if nothing was going on....because to us, nothing IS going on. How wonderful it was to cough and clear our throats with no worry of people glaring like we have some contagious disease and without hearing "Are you ok??". I know some people mean well and we definitely sound awful when we get way into the deep coughing, but it does annoy us sometimes. I felt so at home. These people know me without ever speaking a word. So comforting. Next, it was on to the cf appt. I was given a chest x-ray which I'm assuming is the same as always, bad, lol. The dr. had a serious conversation with me about how I LOOK very healthy in person but on paper, I'm really sick. Getting out of breath really bad again, can't seem to stay off of IV's. Bottom line, I HAVE to gain this weight and complete rehab. Transplant is a huge necessity right now but I can't move forward until the weight gain and the rehab. A little added stress but what's a little more, right? Also, I addressed the severe pain I STILL have over a week after the feeding tube incident. He determined it's cellulitis, an infection. Jeepers! So he started me on an antibiotic and told me if it doesn't seem to be getting better by the close of the weekend, I will be admitted. So let's all pray it gets better. Did a little walking to assess my ability to keep my sats up. I did pretty well. Whew....still had one more appt with the transplant doc. So we headed over to Duke South. Btw....the hallway to get there from the parking garage is HELLA long. I decided against a wheelchair on the way in and definitely was singing a different tune on the way out! We were wating forever and to pass the time they decided to draw some blood and attempt to get a blood gas. Blood gas was a bust and extremely painful. Thankfully, the RT isn't into torture and since she didn't get it the first try, she let me off the hook :) I was scheduled for yet another x-ray and another breathing test, but since I had JUST had those, I got to skip it. It's the little things. Finally, the dr. was ready for me. He pretty much reiterated what my lung doc said about it being crucial to gain the weight and finishing rehab. So....those are my goals. Today all I did was rest. I was so worn out from yesterday. I have to ready for this weekend! LOTS to do and man am I excited! Photoshoot with the best, shopping more than once tomorrow (HECK YESSS!!!), and Sunday is the fundraising meeting and then girl's day with the best and the rents!! How fun :) That's all for right now. Love to everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment