Friday, August 13, 2010

New news.

Welp, turns out the infection my dr. thought I had...wasn't an infection at all. It was actually intussusception. That is the telescoping of one segment of intestine into another. Yep. So they decided to pull out the g-j tube and replace it with just a g tube. Upon putting in the new g tube they flushed it with contrast to see if by pulling out the old one it had pulled the intestine back to the way it should be. Today I got the news that my intestine is good. Started me out on a liquid diet yesterday and I've moved on to full liquid today. Tomorrow I've heard I can go back to a regular diet, which is awesome....because ya girl is HUNGRY!! Other things to discuss: my dr. is not liking that I'm struggling so much already with another lung flair up and the tube issue. This is my 3rd feeding tube. He feels we just need to get the ball rolling asap on transplant. I guess he's trying to convince the transplant team to move forward with me anyway. Pretty scary stuff. See, transplant wants me to have a g-j tube. It's better because the j tube goes directly into my intestine while the g tube goes to just my stomach. So now I have a g tube, meaning the possibility of severe reflux and aspiration are likely. The dr. is setting up a gastric emptying study for me to see how my reflux does and see how my tummy empties. This will determine whether they even want to try doing tube feeds with the g tube. I already deal with lots of reflux so I feel the g tube is not a good idea. If I do require another g-j tube, the surgical team will be performing the procedure. Gah. So.....I'm a fiance now!! My marvelous bf Ron popped the question the night before I was set to come into the hospital. Took me by total surprise. He's such an amazing person. I thank God everyday for sending him my way. I didn't know love could be this wonderful. I feel like he loves me unconditionally, which is typically saved for moms and dads ya know? I pray the Lord stays strong in our relationship and stays with him for the tough road ahead. I know it isn't easy. I had visits from my mom, cousin Traci, and her mom Sissey today. It's been slow but that's better than being poked and prodded! My bestie is going off to college on Sunday :( I won't be there to see her off and I wish I could see her over the weekend before she goes. Goodness....I'm tearing up already. That girl has been such a rock for me. She is truly the best friend I've ever had. Such a big heart and just as silly as I am. I love her smart-assness (yep, you see it) too. She's just incredible. I love you Danielle and I know you will do amazing at college. Everyday you make me proud. I'm out for now. Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment