Tuesday, August 17, 2010

GOING NUTS

SO I had my barium swallow test done today...at 2 pm. Turns out I have reflux! I knew this already but we needed proof and the paperwork for it. The barium was atrocious. Definitely almost threw up on the equipment, lol. I also found out that the culprit of my nausea is due to my stomach not working properly at all. It doesn't really contract to push my food down to digest it. So my food just sits and I get nauseated. There's a medicine that is not fda approved that I will start taking to help correct this problem. It's similar to reglan, but not as hard on the patient. It's called domperidone. You can get it in Canada and it's relatively cheap. I can't wait to be able to eat and keep all my food down. I swear cf affects everything. Absolutely. When I got back to my room Ron told me he had to leave to get ready for some stuff at home. I just realized I can't stay any longer this time. I just can't. I'm going crazy. I talked to the docs and they told me if I'm not on the schedule for g-j tube placement tomorrow, they'll let me go. Pray!!! My last IV med is at 6 pm tonight...but when you're on here, they make you keep IV access for the duration. So, I'll still have my needle. Gosh I'm sick of this bed, this room, these interruptions....the list goes on and on. I need my Miracle. NOW. I miss her so much. I know she misses me too. She has to have some sort of feelings going on and be confused about where I keep disappearing to. Being only 2, that's tough. For now, the lovely Trish and my redneck Shane are on the way. I feel like the bestie has slipped away from me. College and all that. Super glad she's having fun and enjoying her experience so far but I feel a little down. Oh well. She knows I love her. She has a wonderful head on her shoulders and I know she is her own woman. I'll update later if something changes. Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. I know it is a tough road, but be strong. You always have the good Lord to see you through this, too!!

    My great niece seems to have more problems with her stomach, etc....and yes, CF affects so much!!

    Praying for you!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete